Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Shoes to Furniture


The other day I commented on how a shoe reminds me of a Mies van der Rohe chair.

My man said. "Why not do some comparisons - shoes to furniture." Right. So here goes.

When I saw Betsey Johnson - Fanci, Aside from the obvious over-the-top departure and very clean lines, the 40's glamour oozes. A prop chaise for a burlesque dancer to make an entrance. Maybe Rita Hayworth's smoking chaise. Back when women and men dressed their parts.



What would better suit the glamour shoe? This 40's inspired Panaché Sofa by Thomasville. See the resemblance? Curvaceous, finished, and formal. In a Bogart film, this sofa would have Bacall's fox coat draped over it the edge. They work so well together, I want them both. But, I might have to dream a little longer for the sofa.

No comments: