Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Girl Can Dream: United N‏ude-Eamz Ankle 2

Okay Shoejunkies. While I was collecting all pertinent shoe data, I came cross this line at the Micheal Jordan of online shoe retailers, Zappos. I have this thing for mid-century modern design. So I was floored when I came across United Nude. There designs are based on the iconic ideas of mid-century designers like Mies van der Rohe and Charles and Ray Eames. Brilliant concept. Brilliant shoes. I was a little behind the radar on this one, they've been around since 2003. But If there is a dream shoe, dream company, it would be United Nude. The Eamz Ankle 2 put together one of my favorite iconic foot the Eames lounge chair with a gorgeous well constructed walkable shoe. Also in black, theres a retro-modern feel in the clean lines and molded cushioned foot bed. The strap across the vamp is thin enough to be sexy, thick enough to functional. I love good design and the heel is like your floating above it all. The price? On sale for $173.00 @Zappos. More info and styles in this interview w/ Galahad Clarke - head shoemaker of United Nude.

No comments: