Saturday, May 3, 2008

Dirty Little Secret

Well shoejunkies, it's the first of the month. You all know. Bills due, reassess finances and goals, etc... So the crack team here at shoeblogr (namely me) decided not to stress out and still get my retail therapy. I recently found some awesome vintage luxury handbags for $5 each at a local festival. Woo hoo... People are always asking me about my shoes and bags. I laugh it off.

But the dirty little secret is to think outside the box. You know festival season is here, which is a great resource for deals and interesting finds. Boutiques and neighborhoods out of your comfort zone. Antique stores, gas stations, junk shops, the possibilities are endless. Be creative, For me fashion does not begin and end in the magazines. You'll be amazed at what you can run into by just stepping out of your usual mindset.You may discover something new and exciting about your city and maybe yourself. And isn't that what life is about?

Good luck shoejunkies.

No comments: